Some Crochet, Some Pics, Some Travels..

martedì 13 maggio 2014

First baby blanket

| |

Hello dear! How is your week going? Last time I promised you the pictures of my ongoing project but first let me show you my finished baby blanket!

made this blanket for the newborn baby boy of my friend. I don't want to do use the classic blue so I try to combine different colors in order to obtain a rainbow effect::: I used either the authentic seven, in the order of the spectrum and I added some color to encompass more shades.  Finally I want to hook a simple trim all along the edges... but I don't want to overload the pattern design.Sorry ladies, I find the pattern somewhere in the web, and I'm not able to find again so don't have the original to show you but I made a symbolic crochet chart (see below). In addition I find a very similar pattern here


For this project I used a 5mm hook::: 

Chain:::  CH

Double crochet::: DC

 Half Double crochet::: HDC



Foundation chain: you’ll need to crochet a chain of a multiple of 8 stitches plus another 10 chains for the beginning and turning.

Row1:  DC in the 4th chain from the hook, and in each chain until the end, CH 3 and turn.

Row 2: Using a hearts colour fix the yarn where indicated by the star in the chart; CH 1, *skip 2 stiches,  [3DC, 1CH, 3DC] in the next stich , CH 3*.*Repeat till the end of the row until you have 6 stiches left

Row3: CH 3 of the row one count as a DC. Double crochet in the next 4 stiches. *CH 2, HDC in the next chain, CH 2,  DC in the next 3 stiches**Repeat till the end of the row until you have 6 stiches left. DC in each of the next 6 stiches,  CH 3 and turn. 

Row4: DC in each chain until the end, CH 3 and turn. 

Row5: Using a hearts colour fix the yarn where indicated by the star in the chart;  *skip 2 stiches,  [3DC, 1CH, 3DC] in the next stich , CH 3*.*Repeat till the end of the row until you have 2 stiches leftRow6:  CH 3 of the row4 count as a DC.*CH 2, HDC in the next chain, CH 2,  DC in the next 3 stiches**Repeat till the end of the row until you have 2 stiches left. DC in each of the next 2 stiches,  CH 3 and turn. 



I hope everything is clear enough and enjoy making your own heart blankets!

 Happy hooking::: Silvia



9 commenti:

♥Cherie♥ ha detto...

Oh that's a very beautiful blanket.... Thanks for the pattern!!

Unknown ha detto...

Hi Rose! I notice that you have change a your name.. what about the shabby chic? :)

Anitha ha detto...

The blanket is so adorable! love the colors you've used :)

Unknown ha detto...

Thanks Anitha! I hope that I reach the rainbow effect!::: Have a nice week !

cristina ha detto...

Hello, Silvia! I hope that you make many crochet creations and share them with the world!
You made ​​me very happy with your visit! And I thing that your baby blanket is awesome!
Kisses from Catalonia and Happy crocheting!

Amjaylou ha detto...

Hi Sylvia, this is a beautiful blanket - thanks so much for sharing the pattern. So glad you popped over to my blog, and I'm happy to be following yours :-)
Amanda x

I fiori di Marica ha detto...

Love this blanket! Thank you for the pattern!

I fiori di Marica ha detto...

Il tuo messaggio è arrivato prima del nostro!
http://ifioridimarica.blogspot.it/2014/10/di-blog-in-blog-il-liebster-award.html
E' stato per noi un vero piacere!

Lucie ha detto...

Elle est magnifique! Beau choix de couleurs!

Posta un commento

I love receiving your comments - It makes me so happy that you drop by and say hello.
Thank you ♥